Plastic Pollution Brand Audit
Help bring accountability to Big Plastic polluters by organizing a brand audit in your community! This massive citizen science project with the #breakfreefromplastic movement spans from San Francisco to Surabaya. Ready to take action with us?
What is a brand audit?
A brand audit is like a litter cleanup – but in addition to picking up trash from a beach, park, or other public area, we'll be auditing the products and materials that most often end up in the environment. Together with our partners in the #breakfreefromplastic movement, this data will help us hold companies accountable for their waste.
By signing up to host a brand audit, you are agreeing to serve as an on-the-ground coordinator. Your event will be visible to The Story of Stuff Project community and open to the public, and we will be inviting our community to join a brand audit near them. By registering your event, you commit to the following:
- Familiarize yourself with running a brand audit. We'll provide you with a how-to guide, and are available to address any questions or concerns you may have.
- Come prepared. Make sure that you have all the necessary materials, like data sheets, rubber gloves, and trash bags.
- Show up! Before registering your event, please be 100% sure that you can commit to being there and making your event a success. If you need to cancel your event for any reason, please be sure to let us know.
- Deliver your data. After you complete your brand audit, send us the data you collect – along with photos of your event and the #brandtrash that you pick up.
Above and beyond
Are you a champion Changemaker who wants to make your event extra special? Here's how you can go the extra mile:
- Promote your event! Invite your friends, reach out to local environmental groups, and see how many people you can make part of the solution.
- Shift the narrative! Tweet at the corporate litterbugs who's trash you find and send us your photo and videos from the day to help us tell the story.
We're here to help
We are here to help you make your event a success. Whether you're a veteran organizer or a just starting to flex your Citizen Muscle, we want to help. We'll include our contact information in the email to event hosts, so you can get in touch with questions or to talk about strategies for organizing a successful event.